Take shelter with me
Doors opening again soon – Join us in July through to December.
Space is limited as we like to keep our community gatherings small to enable a more intimate, close knit community feel.
Find out more at the Shelter cuppa and catch up sessions
Introducing our Shelter Community
I have been increasingly feeling the need for a safe haven where we can gather in community to share, move and dream, where change can happen in a collective space that’s secure and nourishing, a place where we can all take shelter together.
Relationship building is really important to me and what Covid has shown me is how much community matters. Whilst we are lost in the forest of unknowns, the one constant we can cling to is regular connection that we co-create. This is my intention for Shelter – a community where we can provide that for each other.
These past five years I’ve been running monthly Moon Circles that started off as face to face gatherings and then moved online. And recently it’s felt to me like something within this offering needed to change, or that within me something has changed that means that this offering needs to evolve.
And so, having reflected on what I want to achieve, this is my outline of what’s on offer within Shelter:
- A safe and solid container of support with a committed group in for the long haul (6 or 12 month memberships available).
- Gatherings dedicated to building relationships both inner (with ourselves) and outer (with others and the outer world) with a commitment to an authentic, full expression, no bullshit approach. The invitation to show up just as you are and share your voice (or not), even if it shakes.
- Each month, a theme for exploration and self enquiry will be offered for you to explore at home, complete with a short (pre-recorded) meditation and somatic practice, a restorative practice and a live (online) monthly gathering around the New Moon where we initiate our explorations of the theme, share discoveries and set intentions.
- Co-creating a container that supports intentionality, self-enquiry, reflection, SLOWNESS and SIMPLICITY. We will have a whole month to journey on a theme, a meditation and with somatic and restorative tools, taking that thread and weaving it through our days for a sustained period of time, helping us to fully explore, embody and integrate the practices into our lives.
- Ritual and ceremony will be woven into the themes and the way we approach each month – supporting us to slow down, sip and savour and to bring the sacred into the everyday.
- The themes will be established at the New Moon Circle Gathering each month, letting you know what to expect, to introduce the practices and open up for any questions you might have. You will also be provided with journaling/reflection/art prompts to use as you wish to review your month too. This will be recorded so if you can’t make it live it won’t impact on you being able to get involved.
- Some vision and purpose to help each of us to feel more supported in our daily lives, share our highs and lows and build inner resiliency and strong relationships with others and our environment/out in nature, along with our capacity to hold whatever is coming our way in these ever changing times.
- Tools and practices grounded in yoga, somatic movement and restorative yoga, all aimed at supporting our nervous system regulation to support overall health and wellbeing.
In addition to our monthly live Moon Circle Gatherings, your Shelter Community membership will also include:
- Creative practices – journaling, writing, drawing and much more! Anyone who knows me and has been to these sessions before will know that I am a weaver and I like to pull lots of different strands together in our sessions so that we can work with a theme in lots of different ways, through lots of different sensory channels to enable us to process things in different ways.
- Authentic movement/dance intuitive movement.
- Women’s therapeutic yoga, menstrual cycle awareness, womb healing
- Exploration of nature, the seasons and cycles around us, our Body as Earth.
All of these practices and approaches are aimed at supporting us to fully express and be with what might be present for us each time we meet.
Helping us to stay connected to our inner feminine shakti energy and power and to our own centre, rooted in the earth.
Our body, minds and souls need to be tended to and nervous system regulation doesn’t just come from engaging in movement and somatic practices. Pleasure, play, beauty and creativity are also key to healing the psyche and so the aim of our Shelter Community will be to increase our capacity to receive, hold and engage in things that bring us more pleasure; this in itself increases our resilience and our capacity to be able to hold more complexity.
Shelter is all about sheltering together, not as a way to hide from what is going on in the wider world, but to create a safe space for nourishment, for refuelling and filling ourselves up, something we can collectively look forward to each month, so that we can meet ourselves, our loved ones and the world around us in a more open and receptive way, holding true to ourselves whilst navigating the ever changing landscape around us. And we do this together!
You decide how much or how little you get involved – each month will be different dependent on what’s going on in your own life.
This is an initial idea that I’m expecting to grow and evolve that will hopefully involve collaborations and skill sharing as we develop.
Got a question and can’t make the Shelter cuppa and catch up session?
No problem, book a free connection call instead…
- £25 per month, with a commitment to six months minimum initially
I hope you’ll join and take Shelter with me.
Live online sessions
The live New Moon Gatherings will run as close to the New Moon as possible on Sunday nights from 7.30pm until 9.30pm (UK time).
Proposed future New Moon Gatherings:
- Sunday 26th June 2022
- Sunday 31st July 2022
- Sunday 28th August 2022
- Sunday 25th September 2022
- Sunday 23rd October 2022
- Sunday 27th November 2022
- Sunday 18th December 2022