Pregnancy, Birth and Beyond
65 hour Yoga Alliance Accredited Pregnancy Yoga Teacher Training Course
Yoga Alliance Accredited Pregnancy Yoga Teacher Training Course
- 6 DAY (65 HOUR) PREGNANCY YOGA CPD
- SPRING 2022
- VENUE TO BE CONFIRMED
Our focus is on a yoga practice that works from the inside out where the shapes we make are done with awareness as part of a whole body event.
This Pregnancy, Birth and Beyond Pregnancy Yoga Teacher Training Course is for yoga teachers, movement practitioners or student yoga teachers who wish to deepen their own practice or perhaps prepare for pregnancy themselves, as well as childbirth educators, doulas, midwives and other pregnancy health professionals who support women and have an established yoga practice.
- 6 days, 10am until 6pm over two weekends (65 hours – 42 contact hours and 23 self study hours including pre-reading and assignments)
- Anatomical knowledge and practical training you need to confidently and effectively support mums-to-be through pregnancy
- Understand the full journey from utero to birth and beyond into the early stages of motherhood
- Comprehensive course manual and handouts to support your learning
- Business coaching and guidance to give you a flying start when you finish the course
- Lectures from three guest speakers: a midwife, a physiotherapist and a core and pelvic floor rehabilitation expert
- Access to our online allwoman Community
- Ongoing support if required
At the core of our teaching philosophy is a feminine approach to yoga designed by women for women’s bodies which is nurturing and supportive of women’s wellbeing at every stage of life.
In Pregnancy Yoga, these values are so important as women embark on a journey into a new phase in their life.
The feeling of community that can be gleaned from Pregnancy Yoga sessions and the opportunity to have a space to connect with other mums-to-be is so important and can have such a positive ripple effect on women’s lives, so we are very excited to share with you our unique and specialised perinatal focused yoga teacher training
We support yoga teachers to teach people not poses, enabling them to support their communities in their own authentic and unique ways.
We provide the framework, but the integration and delivery are up to you.
MODULE 1: FOUNDATIONS
MODULE 2: TEACHING METHODOLOGY
MODULE 3: ANATOMY AND PHYSIOLOGY
MODULE 4: PHILOSOPHY
MODULE 5: PROFESSIONAL APPROACH AND YOUR YOGA STUDY
MODULE 6: YOUR YOGA BUSINESS
Assessment and self study
- 23 hours including 3 hours reading for each of modules 3 and 5
- Pre-course reading
- Online research
- View videos resources
- Videos of 60 minute live class for review
- Pregnancy yoga class observation
- Class and workshop plans
- Submission of an overview of learnings and journaling experiences from your experience of embodying pregnancy practices
Your course tutors
Dates and venue
Spring 2022 at a venue to be confirmed
A deposit of £150 secures your place with the balance of £500 being due 8 weeks before the start of the course.
What’s not included
- Travel expenses
Refunds and cancellations
- Following your successful application, payment of the deposit will secure your place on the course.
- The deposit is non-refundable in all circumstances.
- We will refund the full course fees (less the deposit) up to 8 weeks before the start of the course.
- No refund will be offered on the course fees after that time. However, you can transfer your place to another person subject to us accepting them on the course.
- Fees are non-transferable to another training course.
As part of your application, we ask you to demonstrate your need for financial support, outlining details of your yoga journey to date and your passion for taking the practice off the mat and out into your community.
If you’d like to apply for a bursary place, we ask that you complete a short, confidential form.