“Look after the roots of the tree, and the fragrant flower and luscious fruits will grow by themselves. Look after the health of the body, and the fragrance of the mind and richness of the spirit will follow.” – B.K.S. Iyengar
Fertility Yoga increases your chances of conceiving by working on two levels – the physical and emotional – to promote balance of body and mind.
It is a nurturing and powerful practice of bespoke therapeutic Yoga sequences to enhance your fertility.
The practice invites us to connect to the earth, water and air elements within us:
- Grounding poses to balance, calm and soothe us.
- Watery fluid movement that connects us to our pelvis, hips, belly and womb space.
- Breathing practices that connect us to our heart, awakening our inner female energy (Shakti) for increased vitality, strength and deep inner healing.
- Mudra (hand gestures), mindful awareness and varied Meditation practices help to nurture and empower us, releasing blockages, long-held tension or trauma in the body and mind.
Tailored to your cycle
Yoga for fertility and conception adapts to your own individual needs as a woman, changing to suit the different stages of your monthly cycle, the seasons and moon cycles.
What to expect
- The practice is always creative and fun with a good balance between moving poses and Restorative Yoga.
- Therapeutic adaptations and options are given to suit the different stages of your monthly cycle or your own personal needs (stress or anxiety issues, polycystic ovaries, endometriosis, prolapse, chronic fatigue, PMT, recovering from illness or injury etc.).
- We always end with at least 15 minutes for deep relaxation or Yoga Nidra practice.
- Promotes blood flow and energy to the heart, pelvis and belly areas.
- Encourages connection to the heart-uterus meridian that exists in Chinese medicine and the healthy function of the endocrine and nervous systems.
- Deeper awareness of our natural monthly cycle and inner biorhythms, allows us to work with the seasonal changes we experience within our bodies rather than against them, letting us flow through life more easily.
- Encourages blood into the womb space to improve circulation, keeping things warm, optimising womb health, and creating a nourishing, nurturing space ready to receive and grow new life.
- Develops more movement and elasticity in the pelvic bowl, psoas, hips and pelvis. Enables this area to be strong but adaptable to the changing needs of the body during pregnancy.
- Helps manage stress and anxiety that are often naturally associated with fertility problems. Ensures that tension in the mind does not become chronic tension in the body too. A space to let go. A safe space for sharing.
Our Programmes always combine Fertility Yoga and Fertility Mizan Massage, however they can also be experienced as individual therapeutic treatments. The one to one Yoga Therapy sessions are offered in blocks of five or ten.
“I approached Lara regarding Fertility Yoga following a miscarriage while trying for my second child. I had done some research online and had done some Mother and Baby Yoga with Lara previously and she had always been friendly and calming. Fertility Yoga took my focus away from ‘trying for a baby’ and onto myself and my cycle which in turn relaxed me. I am happy to report that 5 months after starting the one to one Yoga sessions I fell pregnant with my little boy, who is now 16 weeks old and beautiful. My family is complete. Thanks Lara!” – Jane from Leeds December 2015.