Hormones can either make you feel like crap, or like a rock star, ready to take on your mission. The key is getting your hormones working for you not against you. – SaraGottfriedMD.com
“There is no other organ quite like the uterus. If men had such an organ they would brag about it. So should we” – Ina May Gaskin
Mizan (pronounced Milan) is an Arabic word that means balance. Mizan Abdominal Therapists use traditional reproductive and digestive healing techniques that restore balance when life feels unbalanced – physically, emotionally or spiritually.
- Mizan Abdominal Therapy is a gentle, nourishing non-invasive external massage that guides the internal organs into their correct positioning to optimise overall health and wellbeing both physically and emotionally.
- It provides much needed support and deep healing to the womb space and belly areas where we often hold lots of tension and emotion.
- It brings oxygen and nutrients into the muscles and ligaments that hold the uterus in place to encourage an increased flow of Qi (energy).
- It relieves tension in the abdomen and sacrum areas of the body, which helps to bring softness and balance to body and mind.
I offer Mizan Massage both during your pregnancy and postnatally.
Pregnancy Mizan Massage
A wonderful, relaxing treat to nurture yourself and your baby throughout your pregnancy journey, building a connection and comfort. Perfect from second trimester right until your due date.
Benefits of Pregnancy Mizan Massage
- Can help to reduce and in some cases completely resolve the symptoms of SPD/PGP (symphysis pubis dysfunction/pelvic girdle pain).
- Relieves common discomforts associated with pregnancy such as indigestion, heartburn, nausea, low back ache, sciatica, pressure and burning sensation in groin area, constipation, headaches, leg discomfort including varicose veins, frequent urination, incontinence and urinary tract infections.
- Encourages the baby and uterus into optimal positioning for a more easeful pregnancy, labour and birth (regular treatments can shorten the length of labour and birth, even for first time mums).
- Tones, strengthens and balances the uterus, preparing for labour and birth.
- Improves the mum and baby bond by stimulating an increased release of oxytocin.
- Increases blood circulation to mother and baby
- Reduces tension, stress and anxiety.
- Helps to address any emotional issues being unconsciously held in the womb and belly area of the body, helping to release fears and set healing in motion.
Postnatal Mizan Abdominal Massage is extremely beneficial in assisting the internal organs to return gently back to where they ought to be. A block of three or six massage treatments has noticeable benefits for new mothers and helps aid recovery. For new mums who are recovering from a c-section, Mizan Abdominal Massage not only guides the uterus back into its optimal position, but also helps break down scar tissue and reduces the chance of adhesion to other internal organs.
Postnatal Mizan Massage is usually safe to have before your 6-week check, though for caesarean births it should not be done until after.
For a really nurturing experience you can also combine your belly postnatal Mizan Abdominal Massage with a Belly Binding appointment to further support your healing post birth.
Gift vouchers are available on request, a lovely way to treat a new mum.
A treatment includes the following:
- A full and thorough initial consultation, we spend roughly 2 hours during pregnancy or 2.5 hours together postnatally to enable us to give you the time and space to discuss your own health issues, working through a comprehensive health questionnaire together.
- This extended first session provides us with a great opportunity to discuss all your symptoms, what you are hoping for from treatment, your health goals for the next year – then we work together to make it happen!
- Every session includes Abdominal Massage, lymphatic drainage, lower back and sacrum massage.
- You will have an opportunity to learn a self-care massage routine you can use at home.
We can also support you with other resources that might be appropriate to you such as externally applied castor oil packs, vaginal steaming, abdominal binding, herbal support, dietary and lifestyle adjustments and meditation resources.
Note: The more self-care is done at home between sessions, the faster you can expect healing and a resolution of symptoms.
“Your massage was brilliant my body feels great and gave me a great boost of energy.” – Postnatal Mizan Massage client Kim from Leeds January 2016
Disclaimer: Evidence-based experience has shown that Mizan Abdominal Therapy provides clients with relief from the symptoms of a variety of conditions. No claim is being made that all clients of Mizan Abdominal Therapists will experience relief of their symptoms. Mizan Abdominal Therapists make no claim of specific results. The decision to employ complementary practices is strictly up to each individual.