“Honour the space between no longer and not yet.” – Nancy Levin
Menopause can be one of the most challenging stages of a woman’s life. The change of hormones and loss of periods often coincide with other major life changes such as children leaving home or parents becoming ill or dying. If a woman has not had any children then there is often the mourning of the end of that potential. Nothing really prepares us for this time of change and loss where every day becomes an adventure into new territory.
Often women experience a number of different physical symptoms at this time such as:
- Hot flushes
- Dry skin
- Loss of libido
- Aching muscles and joints
- Mood swings
- Back ache
- General brain fog, coupled with an inability to make decisions
- Headaches or migraines
- Impact on bone health
Any or all of these symptoms may be present and they might also be accompanied by a deep questioning: Who am I really? What is the purpose of life? And what is my purpose?
Sound familiar? Yoga can help!
A regular practice of Yoga can:
- help you manage the physical symptoms associated with peri/menopause
- calm the body and the nervous system
- promote ease and relax the mind
- give you a non-judgemental open environment to explore the new you
- help you become more truly authentic and connected to your own body
- make the transition to this next phase of life with space to nourish, reflect and restore